November 19, 2012
Stumbled on a stocked H&M by accident (I love Los Angeles).
Re-Edition capsule collection.
103 deconstructionist, disproportional, and mind-bending pieces.
Reinterpretations of original runway works over the brand’s 23 year history.
Picked up a pair of white Trompe L’oeil Sneakers
Tempted to keep it as an art piece and not wear it.
February 15, 2010
I don’t wear sunglasses, because I never wear contacts. But I make exceptions (i.e. space-themed electro dance parties). I Googled for crazy eyewear of moonmen, in search of inspiration for an outfit. These are the most unusual & badass frames that I’ve found:
1. Mackdaddy “Line”
2. Dior Homme “Blow” – These came in five colors, in a limited run of 500 pieces per colorway.
3. Maison Martin Margiela “L’incognito” (2008) – The single lens mimics the censor bar motif used in the house’s catalogues & lookbooks.
4. Linda Farrow Vintage X Bernhard Willhelm (2008) “Mask” – I saw these in all-white in a music video and it blew my mind. Adding a nose changes everything. I’d wear this to an alien masquerade.
5. A-Morir by Kerin Rose “Barracuda” – These are completely covered in hand-painted & hand-distressed pyramid studs. Whoa.
6. Maison Martin Margiela (2009) – Spoof of shooter aviators.
7. Linda Farrow Vintage X KTZ (2010) – Football faceguard.